Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to be a qualified scuba diver to book?
Yes, you do need to be qualified as an Open Water Diver or higher. You will be required to present your dive certification card prior to boarding.
- Are the dives guided?
We do not have a dive guide in the water with you. When we get to the dive site, Michael will give you a thorough briefing so you know which direction to swim in and what to look for along the way.
- Do I have to be highly experienced to book?
Generally speaking we go to sites that are suitable for all levels, but we will talk to you more about your level of experience when you contact us to request a booking.
- Can freedivers book on?
Yes, certified freedivers are welcome onboard when accompanied by a certified freediving buddy.
- How should I pack my gear to bring on board?
There is space below the bench seating to store small tubs or soft bags. You will set up your scuba unit on the dock before we depart.
- What if I don’t have all my own gear?
No stress, we have a range of well maintained rental equipment available and will discuss your needs when you contact us to request a booking.
- Can snorkelers book on?
There are some days we dive shallow dive sites that would be suitable for confident snorkelers, but it can’t be guaranteed so you’ll need to contact Michael to discuss.
- Is there a toilet on board?
The good news is that there is! The bad news is that it’s actually a bucket camping style in the hull cabin.
- What if I don’t have a dive buddy?
We will make sure you have an appropriate buddy at the start of the trip 🙂
- What if I haven’t been diving for a while?
As our dives are not guided, it’s important every diver feels comfortable to dive with their buddy. You will need to have been diving within the last 6 months to book on.
What’s the water temperature?
- This can vary on time of year. In the Summer months you can expect 20 to 22 degrees in the water. The cooler months can get closer to 16 degrees.
- Do you come back to shore between dives?
No we don’t. We head out for two dives and have a snack on the boat in between, getting us back to the marina by 12pm.
- Do you dive at Rottnest Island?
It’s a bit too far for us to get to Rottnest from Mindarie Marina, but we have a stunning reef on our doorstep, so we don’t need to!
- What if the weather conditions aren’t ideal?
No one likes a rough day out on the water! This is why you need to contact us to request a booking prior to making payment. Your comfort and enjoyment is our priority.
- How do I book?
Call / text or email Michael to request a booking on the dates that suit you. Once we reserve your spot on the boat we will send you a link to make payment online or via bank transfer.